Monday, April 26, 2010

Honoring Tyrants

If Daniel said this:
My lord, if only the dream [of debasement and ruin] applied to your enemies and its meaning to your adversaries! Daniel 4:19
to a pedophiliac tyrannical king who slaughtered his countryman...

And David said this:
I will not lift my hand against my master, because he is the LORD's anointed. 1 Samuel 24:10
about a king he was anointed to replace...

How much more should we be careful to honor those whom God has placed in leadership over us. 
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Romans 13:1
While I believe it is our responsibility as Christians to stand for truth, righteousness, and the oppressed, I have all to often allowed myself to disparage leaders in an ungodly way.  God help me to speak the truth in love and honor.

No comments: