Monday, March 15, 2010

The "Blasted Avenues of Mogadishu"

 Peter Hitchens posted a good piece on societal decline at "Mail Online" (linked here). Having spent some time abroad in "Third World" countries I heartily agree with him.

In the Soviet suburbs of Hell and the blasted avenues of Mogadishu, I saw what our society could become. ...it convinced me that my own civilization was infinitely precious and utterly vulnerable, and that I was obliged to try to protect it.

When you have seen a place from which the whole apparatus of trust, civility and peace has been stripped, you are conscious as never before of the value of these things. And more curious than before about their origins, not in wealth or power but in the mind of Man and in the better angels of his nature.


As our government continues to "shape our souls" it is wise to consider the direction they are taking us.

"...Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good." Romans 12:9

No comments: