Thursday, February 4, 2010

Silence is Golden

Words quickly spoken can quickly bring regret.

Show me a man who cannot be silent and I will show you a man who speaks nothing; at best.

Do not be rash with your mouth, and let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore let your words be few. For a dream comes through much activity, and a fool’s voice is known by his many words.
Ecclesiastes 5:1-3
A fool’s lips walk into a fight, and his mouth invites a beating. A fool’s mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to his soul.
Proverbs 18:6-7
 If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame.
Proverbs 18:13

 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, but he who restrains his lips is wise.
Proverbs 10:19
 
God help me to be a man of measured words.  How quickly I forget and use my tongue to bring death instead of life. Change my heart to be more like Yours.  Enable me to bring glory to Your name.

No comments: