Thursday, February 11, 2010

Presidential Oath of Office *addendum

 In years past (and present) it has become increasingly obvious that the restraints -- as set forth in the "United States Constitution" -- have caused unnecessary hardship for our Presidents, causing them to break the "Presidential Oath of Office" within hours of taking said office.  I hereby proposed the following addendum to alleviate any superfluous moral/ethical repercussions  that might be caused by breaking said oath.

 
Oath:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.*"
Proposed Addendum: 
*Unless it pertains to: Contracts/Bankruptcy, Education, Environment, War, Tor-ture, or whatever else that may be deemed necessary (or not) as determined by me, my vice president, congress, my secretary of state, or...well anyone (because I won).

2 comments:

rebekah said...

jet, you ever think of running for office?!? maybe when the girls are a bit older? for real....!
i'd vote for you. i mean, i can't vote for you because you're in VA and not PA, but i'd pray for you...and i think you should!
at least, keep blogging! :)

jet said...

Thanks Bekah...others have mentioned it to me but I have yet to feel led to do so. If I felt like God was leading me that way I would jump right in. Like you said, perhaps in the future.? Maybe then you could move to VA to vote for me. ;)